Love is in the air! And you should love your bridal makeup as much as every other part of your wedding day and preparations. And for our head makeup artist, Liv, there is nothing more rewarding than being a part of your wedding day and helping you to feel beautiful and confident.
Liv started out in makeup over a decade ago with big plans to get into theatre and all the crazy creative stuff that the industry had to offer, then by chance she was booked for a bridal makeup and fell in love. Since then its always been a huge part of her work.
So since that day back in 2009, she has had the honor of being there for countless brides through the Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama and South Coast regions as well as the Southern Highlands and even the odd overseas wedding (Hello Fiji!)
If you want to know more, or have any questions, pop your details into our contact page and we can get back to you with all the info you need or send us an email at email@example.com
A note from Liv...
Hi, I'm Liv and I'm the makeup artist at Oak & Eve Beauty. I have been lucky enough to have an amazing makeup career and absolutely love what I do. To give you a bit of an idea about me and what a wedding day looks like, feel free to download my info pack here. In a nut shell, I just love weddings and I love makeup. There is nothing more rewarding in my career than seeing a happy confident bride and her bridal party. To be a part of that is really an honour and a privilege that I cherish.
I could talk all day about makeup and if you give me the chance I will! But a few questions I get asked regularly are:
- What products do I use:
- All professional and cruelty free products are in my kit, each chosen after I have road tested it myself and on friends and family.
- Can you do any type of makeup?
Absolutely, but my specialty is in natural makeup to enhance your features and make you feel your best. Except cake face. I love cake as much as the next girl but it doesn't belong in your makeup.
- What about allergies?
- The easiest way to deal with allergies, which is pretty rare, is to have a trial, or I can recommend some products to grab samples of at your local makeup shop like Sephora or Mecca. This way you get to do a patch test and see if you react. This is also good if you have bridal party members who dosen't live close by but want to check just incase they have sensitive skin or anything like that.
- Are you a mobile makeup artist?
- I sure am, While through the week you'll find me at my salon, Oak & Eve Beauty in Oak Flats (five minutes from Shellharbour and 10 minutes north of Kiama), on weekends I am out and about doing bridal makeup and getting to travel around our beautiful region. Some of my favourite spots are Kangaroo Valley, Berry (Hello Willow Farm!), Kiama, Shellharbour, Wollongong and of course the beautiful Southern Highlands.
If you have any specific questions or would like any more info, feel free to get in touch. I'm always happy to help! And you'll find below a few photos from bridal makeup by myself from over the years.